The Smoking Ban - An Unmitigated Disaster.

Topical debate
TheMagicRobot

Post by TheMagicRobot » Sun May 10, 2009 1:02 am

As I wrote a lot earlier on this thread,I can't see why pubs should not be allowed to provide a smoking room for those who want to smoke in comfort.There wouldn't need to be a bar in there,so staff would be safe,it would simply be a room where customers could take their drink and have a smoke.If a pub didn't choose to provide a smoking room because of cost or lack of space,then that's fine,it would remain a smoke-free pub.Bloody Hell,just let people choose!

Zennorman

Post by Zennorman » Sun May 10, 2009 12:55 pm

I wouldn't bother Mr.Hart. You have demonstrated that you hae no argument and cannot answer an argument without nonsensical ramblings.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Sun May 10, 2009 4:01 pm

That really is something coming from someone who has offered nothing but negativity and who's postings and opinions on this matter have has been well and truely hammered by the all except MC.

So yes, I will bother at my convenience....

Zennorman

Post by Zennorman » Sun May 10, 2009 9:17 pm

A smoke free, healthy environment is hardly negative. You treat opinion as neagtivity on this matter because you demonstrate that you have no intellect by being unable to respond to the points that I make. So you use unsubtantiated words like 'division', 'negativity', that I am 'no cheerful'. Very sad.

Shiner

Post by Shiner » Sun May 10, 2009 9:25 pm

Can we wind this thread up? Or at least move it to rest of the world.

Look, its simple, people either act like slaves and leave every situation for the government to sort out, like kids in school, or WE THE PEOPLE sort it out ourselves, because that's what its really all about.

If some people want a fag down the pub and some want to keep away from smoke then the landlords make a rational, intelligent decision to either be a smoking pub or a nonsmoking pub, or, they use two separate rooms and have one for each.

There's f*ck all else to say, BUT, we once again let the nanny state settle it all for us by not having the balls to say f*ck you gov, we'll deal with it ourselves.

Is that too hard to understand, that WE THE PEOPLE can actually sort things out ourselves?

Or at least we used to be able to before that small bunch of othe people with a plan started poking their nose into every nook and cranny of our lives.

Moga-don

Post by Moga-don » Sun May 10, 2009 10:15 pm

Hands up who wants to be in a public place and to inhale someone else's cancerous cigarette fumes ?

A filthy and selfish habit which has caused death and ill health on a grand scale.

Shiner

Post by Shiner » Sun May 10, 2009 11:33 pm

moga-don said:

Hands up who wants to be in a public place and to inhale someone else's cancerous cigarette fumes ?

A filthy and selfish habit which has caused death and ill health on a grand scale.

Its getting like a primary school round here. Like talking to a brick wall but not any sort that might separate the smokers from the non-smokers.

They'd probably argue that its seeping through the cement.

Zennorman

Post by Zennorman » Mon May 11, 2009 7:54 pm

Shiner. Smoke is invasive. You cannot separate from it. Banning smoking in public faclities is one of the (few) fine things that this Labour Government has done, saving people from themselves and a continuing public health disgrace.

Shiner

Post by Shiner » Mon May 11, 2009 8:05 pm

Shiner. Smoke is invasive. You cannot separate from it.

Come on Zennorman, this is getting silly, if brick walls don't separate smoke then what will? Even if you had adjoining doors there's obviously going to be an extractor fan in the smoking room so which way will the air flow if the door opens?
We're taking about smoke, not radiation.

Shiner

Post by Shiner » Mon May 11, 2009 8:07 pm

saving people from themselves

What? You want the Labour party saving people from themselves?

Go and take a pill and sit down for a while. ;-)

Zennorman

Post by Zennorman » Mon May 11, 2009 9:05 pm

Absoloutely. The same as murder is illegal and taking other drugs are illegal.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Mon May 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Not content with pushing us outside in the wind and rain, we've now even got people complaining about having to pass through cigarette smoke to get into the pub! WE had to endure their diesel fumes as they drove in.

TheMagicRobot

Post by TheMagicRobot » Mon May 11, 2009 9:58 pm

zennorman:Smoke is invasive. You cannot separate from it.

Not true at all.I have spent more than 20 years as a welder,working with some very toxic substances,and believe me,smoke and fume is manageable.There's an entire industry devoted to it.
I don't smoke,and I like to drink in a smoke-free environment.If I did smoke,I'd probably like to have a fag with a drink in a smoking room.Given that this is,I promise you,totally practical,why would you object to me doing so?
:-?

Shiner

Post by Shiner » Mon May 11, 2009 10:04 pm

Shiner..

What? You want the Labour party saving people from themselves?

Zennorman..

Absoloutely. The same as murder is illegal and taking other drugs are illegal.

:roll:

Zennorman

Post by Zennorman » Tue May 12, 2009 7:44 pm

How many more times? You dont stink after walking through traffic. You do after walking through cigarette pollution.