Cornwall's National St Piran Flag - Appearing Near You?

Topical debate
TeamKernow

Re: Cornwall's National St Piran Flag - Appearing Near You?

Post by TeamKernow » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:19 pm

Perranporth dunes - Annual St Piran's Cornish National Saint's Day March:

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:47 pm

After the problems we had at St Just feast with a certain red-and-white thing, I'm very pleased to report that Baner Peran flies proudly from St Just church tower.

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:06 am

Marhak wrote:After the problems we had at St Just feast with a certain red-and-white thing, I'm very pleased to report that Baner Peran flies proudly from St Just church tower.
St Just Church Tower Complete With Cornish National Flag:

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Fri May 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Recognised? Part of a plan to get the Lib Dems on board to agree to more cuts to the tune of £600M. Some way of recognition! The Lib Dems trying to cling to power in the west of England, next they'll do it for Yorkshire to keep their votes there, then the Cockneys etc etc.

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Fri May 23, 2014 11:30 pm

Trevorpen,you're getting as bitter as youncornwall.
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

Carvath

Post by Carvath » Sat May 24, 2014 10:24 am

Sour grapes from Trevor! People have worked hard and determined for 15 years to achieve this status for the Cornish Nation.

roy999

Post by roy999 » Sun May 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Watch out for the invasion of the butchers apron (world cup fever) is back.

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Thu May 29, 2014 11:29 am

Not bitter at all Carveth - just think its sad that politicians do these things for votes (mind you from the Euro election results it didn't work for the Lib-dems).
I happen to think the Cornish culture/ID is strong enough without these worthless declarations. Just a few crumbs thrown by politicians hoping for votes.... and making a joke of the Cornish on the national news for a day or two.

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Thu May 29, 2014 11:38 am

By the way roy999, you may not like football, I'm not a fan either but I like the World Cup as do many thousands in Cornwall who will be supporting our national team. 'Come on England!'

Carvath

Post by Carvath » Thu May 29, 2014 3:10 pm

You're obviously a bit bitter from what you wrote after that Trevorpin; you lost the argument, the Cornish are now fully recognised as a National Minority: not English. Most of this triumph was not achieved by UK politicians but by local ones and non-political activists. The "England team" are not really Cornwall's national team what with the new status. Nos Da Trev.

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Fri May 30, 2014 8:50 pm

You're on a different planet in a time warp!
I think you'll find Cornwall is still in England, but has a recognised national minority. I think you'll find there are other places in England going for the same status.
As usual the usual brigade read far too much into this. It has nothing to do with housing policy as one of the few Meb Kern councillors was claiming for instance. There is no extra funding available, that will come out of the unitary authority (council).
Talking of the unitary council, can we now go back to the old district councils as the Lib Dems devised this catastrophic idea (Cornwall council) and they look like being kicked out of power? :lol:

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Sat May 31, 2014 1:21 pm

You're right Trevor. Gaining this status gives us f*ck all. Tell me fellow Cornish brothers and sisters. What's different except a group of fascists who you accept as your masters have spoken some words ?

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:52 am

I think all this was done by The Lib Dems to 'shore up' it's vote in the county. Obviously hasn't happened after the European election results!
Another disaster is the hopeless Cornwall Council - another Lib-Dem idea.
Cornwall county council worked with district councils.
It's an utter disgrace - last week I went to see some friends in Penzance. The Jubillee Pool is in a mess and closed, the Promenade is lashed together with bits of tarmac, rubble, boarded up sitting shelters.
Cornwall council says it hasn't the money, but millions of pounds have been made in the town by the council with its excessive parking charges.
The friends we went to see have a small hotel and they said bookings were down, so they've taken no extra staff on.
Cornwall council has £200 million in reserves, why on earth can't they get on with things.
If Penzance was Bournemouth, Torquay, Brighton etc all this work would be finished by now. Hope they get a good thrashing come the next county council elections and we get some forward thinkers in to sort out this mess.
Cornwall's main industry is tourism, what on earth are tourists going to make of run down Cornwall. Wake up, Cornwall deserves batter than this!

roy999

Post by roy999 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:28 pm

Trevopen May I remind you that there many other teams playing in The World Cup. But we have to put up with a load of losers along with crap flags etc that they parade in every supermarket and big store.
The Framework Convention for Protection of National Minorities has been campaigned for a long time something we Cornish should have been automatically awarded. Cornwall as never been part of England. (Assimilation) And if you are true Cornishman you would be ashamed to associated with this flag.