Cornwall's National St Piran Flag - Appearing Near You?

Topical debate
Trevorpen

Re: Cornwall's National St Piran Flag - Appearing Near You?

Post by Trevorpen » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:48 am

Obviously there are other teams in the World Cup roy999, that's why it's called the World Cup!!
You can support who you like but shops, supermarkets will sell the flags that are in demand and wanted.
You are in a minority in the county - the majority will be supporting the home country England, like it or not. Why on earth should I or anyone else be ashamed of that?!!
National minorities mean exactly that, whether you're a Cockney, from Yorkshire or Cornwall etc.

roy999

Post by roy999 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:12 pm

Trevopen, I am fully aware why it's called The World Cup .
Overwhelming English Flags to me is just plain arrogance and intimidation. As for cockneys etc being in minority now you are having a laugh.

Carvath

Post by Carvath » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:36 pm

Trevorpen, the National Minority status for the Cornish is very dependent on our distinct Celtic Language amongst other cultural traits. It has taken about 15 years to secure by many politicians and activists of all political hues. Please don't try and denigrate out great achievement. Read what your government has to say:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/corn ... hin-the-uk

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:18 pm

I think you all need to read the link guys. It states:

"The government’s approach to the Framework Convention is to be modified to recognise the unique position of the Cornish as a Celtic people within England".

"The Cornish and Welsh are the oldest peoples on this island and as a proud Welshman I look forward to seeing Saint Piran’s flag flying with extra Celtic pride on March 5 next year".

Yeah right. We have been granted EXTRA Cornish pride. What the f*ck are we supposed to do with that !!!

When this announcement was made, I contacted The Commonwealth Games Association only to be told "NO", we are not a member of the Commonwealth.

As I said previously, this declaration means nothing. Absolutely nothing in reality. And as for people getting upset about a f*ckin flag, is child like in the extreme. FFS, Wake up to the real problems of this world !

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am

Glad you pointed this out Graham:
"The government’s approach to the Framework Convention is to be modified to recognise the unique position of the Cornish as a Celtic people within England".
That is exactly why I have raised these points in previous comments.
That is exactly why English flags are in supermarkets, shops etc, because Cornish people want to buy them to support their National team in The World Cup.
That is exactly why so many in Cornwall regard themselves as English as well as Cornish.
Cornwall has many problems (as mentioned in previous posts on this page) flying your national or county flag is not one of them.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:45 am

I don't care what the government thinks Trevor. I couldn't give a witches tit what these utterly corrupt criminals think or do. It's not up to them. It's up to us. Either we realise we are all one human family or we all go under. This world is and has been run for Centuries by a few evil families. The Banksters. As soon as enough are awake to this absolute fact, the sooner we can have for the first time since pre roman history, a de-jure administration of the people, for the people by the people.

7 billion people against a dozen families. What are our chances ? It's all very simple really.

It's only now we are awakening to the fact that Man created Government and not the other way around. These people are our Public Trustees and that's all they are. But they are all in breach of Trust and must be removed at the earliest opportunity for their heinous crimes against humanity.

Yes. Cornwall is a Country with it's own indigenous people, unique culture and identity. Period. And so is every other Country in the world. Period. We all want to live in peace and harmony and to celebrate our various uniqueness's. So how about we get rid of these "Corporations trading for profit" who run this slave system for the Rothschild's, Rockefeller's etc and stop voting for colours; which are all theirs.

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:17 pm

Yes. Cornwall is a Country with it's own indigenous people, unique culture and identity.
No Cornwall is a county within England with it's own indigenous people, unique culture and identity. It has never been a country.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:09 am

It's your illusion Trev. You are free to do with it as you wish... ;)

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:49 am

Trevorpen, please define the word "country". In your opinion, what constitutes a country?

Personally, I prefer the word "Nation", but both words have been used incorrectly for many reasons over the years, that now I believe many are confused by the concept. In a similar way, and possibly for similar reasons, the words "Britain" and "England" have been used incorrectly.
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:41 pm

England is a country which is part of the United Kingdom. Didn't you learn this at school? :lol:

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:58 pm

That is not an answer to my question Trevorpen, :roll: please define Country?
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:05 pm

County: Cornwall :roll:

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:06 pm

I did not ask for an example, I asked for a definition, or is that beyond what you learnt at school? ;)

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:29 am

I don't think you have to ask me for a definition. If you wish to find out this simple question, look in a book or place the word into the Google search engine. (Others are available :lol: )

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:30 pm

Oh, I have. I have found a number of different definitions for the word, all legitimate. Which is why I ask you for the definition that you are using, so that we are able to discuss your previous post on an equal level. Unless you wish to be able to change your choice of definition to suit your current argument, I do not see my question as one that you need to avoid answering, as it would appear you are doing at the moment.

You see, you stated that Cornwall "has never been a country", yet, I maintain that by a number of the current definitions of "Country", Cornwall has been in the past, very much, a Country, in it's own right, and recognised and treated as such.

Now, either you are just repeating false information you were once taught, you are giving false information in order to "prove" your argument, or you're just being silly.

It's really not that difficult Trevorpen, which definition are you using?