The case of factotum

Topical debate
Fulub-le-Breton

The case of factotum

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:37 pm

"but Cornwall is probably a lost cause" So why do you bother commenting here on Cornwall 24 then? If all is lost it seems rather paradoxical behaviour to continue commenting on a forum dedicated to promoting the Cornish cause. If you are, as you claim, convinced of the futility of our actions it seems strange that you continue to comment. Why would you do this? Why do you contribute? What motivates you?

factotum

Re: The case of factotum

Post by factotum » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:34 pm

Good question. Basically in the rather vain hope that I might needle someone in a position to do something to actually act. The problems have all been outlined over and over, solutions have been suggested, over and over. If I could see anything constructive going on I'd support it, but I don't. Why do you post here, since you're not even in Cornwall? What do you expect to achieve by shouting from the sidelines, and why should you care anyway? You're hardly going to be affected. See my posts as a challenge, and somebody please rise to that challenge, otherwise I will indeed go away in despair, from this board, and if circumstances allow, follow your example and leave Cornwall for another Celtic country which is more inclined to fight for its continued survival.

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:29 pm

So in fact you don't believe all is lost but think that overwhelming negativity will some how help. Right.
Why do you post here, since you're not even in Cornwall?
Because I'm Cornish and my family and friends, who still live in Cornwall, matter a lot to me.
What do you expect to achieve by shouting from the sidelines, and why should you care anyway?

More than remaining silent on the sidelines would achieve.

factotum

Post by factotum » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:10 am

"my family and friends, who still live in Cornwall, matter a lot to me"
I'm sure they do. But the real question is, does Cornwall matter to them? Indeed does their vision of Cornwall even match yours?