Cornwall Council Sitting on £30 Million.

Topical debate
GrahamHart

Cornwall Council Sitting on £30 Million.

Post by GrahamHart » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:14 pm

So with that in mind, have a look at this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pRPBKJQnyU 15 minutes of mind blowing information.

factotum

Re: Cornwall Council Sitting on £30 Million.

Post by factotum » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Your video is about USA government accounting practise. Please justify your headline, e.g. a link to the Council a/cs. In general Councils and the central government are in the red, seriously so in the case of the UK.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:14 am

It was mentioned on Laurence Reed show. Don't know which one..

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:21 pm

Keith. Please understand. The USA is no more than a franchise of the Crown Corporation of London. What happens there, happens here. Whilst I accept more research is needed to clarify, I personally have no doubt the council IS sitting on £30 million. I can't see this ridiculous situation going on much longer.

Gower

Post by Gower » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:48 am

^
this is called a syncretic argument. No doubt that control of the worlds riches are a network of financial interests leading to the city and the US and percolating down to the forelock tuggers http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=2312847 who carry out their duties. To what degree the small fry at 'Cornwall Council' have control of 30million however.....though Im sure they wish they had. :D

Coady

Post by Coady » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:34 am

Reserves, and there are different types of reserves for different branches of services supplied by Cornwall Council. I do not know what the current levels are but in 2011 a freedom of Information reply to someone showed reserves considerably in excess of £30million.
We live in interesting times!

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:16 am

Thank you Graham. ;) It is the same for all Government Corporations...and it's our money, not theirs. They are only the Trustees.

Show us the CAFR !

factotum

Post by factotum » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:12 am

Graham, you're always going on about everything and anything being a 'corporation', well every corporate body as a condition of having its own legal personality has to produce properly audited accounts each year, and in most cases these have to be made public. That's part of the deal of gaining corporate identity. I gather that some public bodies can get a bit behind with their accounts, but that doesn't alter the general principle. Presumably the Council publishes it's balance sheet, doesn't it?

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:23 am

I go on about everything being a Corporation because they are Keith. What's more, they are ALL trading for profit. They are supposed to be OUR Trustee's, not lining their pockets. :(

factotum

Post by factotum » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:07 am

How many times ...
A corporate structure (limited co., I&PSoc, chartered corporation ...) is simply a structure that allows a body of people to function collectively with respect to the world at large. E.g. to enter into legal contracts and so forth, as if they were a separate entity from their individual members. This useful legal fiction is called "legal personality". Obviously commercial bodies exist to make a profit, public bodies are intended to serve the public good, non-profit bodies (e.g. charities, co-ops ...) are (with minor exceptions) forbidden to distribute their surplus, it must all be ploughed back into their operation. I'm not saying that everything is perfect or that there's never any abuse, but that has more to do with the aggressive capitalist culture we've had in recent decades, not the framework of a "corporation". If you want to know the aims and powers of a particular body you should refer to its governing document ('rules') which will be a matter of public record, along with details of its directors and recent audited accounts.

Sorry, but you really don't know what you're banging on about.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:42 am

But they are not Public bodies !!! That's my whole point ! They are a de-facto government trading for profit ! Holy shit. You are being governed by criminals.

Let other readers decide if I don't know what I'm talking about. You talk a load of bullshit and go on to never rebut my claims with evidential proof. That's because you can't rebut the truth. Put up or shut up.

factotum

Post by factotum » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:02 am

If you're suggesting that Cornwall Council is a 'for profit corporation' as it might be called in the States, then you'll need to tell me who its shareholders are, how much dividend they get and so on. Hell, they might be worth investing in, who wouldn't want to invest in Cornwall if that was how it was run? If it was a company then councillors would be voted in by the shareholders in proportion to their investments, not by the electorate on the basis of one person one vote. I don't for one moment doubt that there are all sorts of fiddles large and small going on, that's the way with all big institutions, and no doubt nepotism is rife, and these are serious problems that need sorting, but making incorrect claims based on some American wingnuttery doesn't help. It just confuses folks and distracts them from the real targets. Probably all part of the government's cyberwar against the people (no that's serious).

Fulub-le-Breton

Post by Fulub-le-Breton » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:54 am

Tell world leaders to stop secret contracts now. People everywhere deserve to know who gets public money for what, so governments and contractors can be held to account: http://stopsecretcontracts.org/

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:59 pm

You don't have to tell world leaders - I've heard penwith council or whatever its called now spent £20 million on housing people with issues (drugs, drink etc) to get them back into society. The houses - finished to a very high standard are now all empty. How on earth can you spent that amount on 10-15 properties? That's getting on for £2M per property.
I bet when it comes to repairing Pz prom/ pool they wont have the money - outrageous.
Ask someone in the council - if you get a reply I would love to hear what they said.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:34 pm

Dun & Bradsteet lists [ I forget how many million ] all the companies around the world. They provide details of how that company is doing and whether they are worth investing in. If you want the company details, you'll have to buy them. However, the link provided is irrefutable. ALL companies trade for profit, not loss. Wake up to the reality guys. We've been screwed all our lives.

https://creditreports.dnb.com/webapp/wc ... pbar#goTop