Haven't been on this Forum for a while

Topical debate
zennorman2

Haven't been on this Forum for a while

Post by zennorman2 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:42 pm

....and it looks dead in the water. All discussion denied by abuse from some who hate Kernow and others who pretend to love it.

Some talk. Some get on wth it.

P_Trembath

Re: Haven't been on this Forum for a while

Post by P_Trembath » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:52 pm

The curse of Facebook, a place where you can preach to the converted and not have to defend your opinions. The abuse bit is just an aspect of the anonymity that the internet can provide, it gives people the opportunity to say things they wouldn't have the guts to say to someones face, and think it's an expression of their right to "free speech".
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:13 pm

Some talk. Some get on with it.
How true Zennorman.

P_Trembath wrote:The curse of Facebook, a place where you can preach to the converted and not have to defend your opinions. The abuse bit is just an aspect of the anonymity that the internet can provide, it gives people the opportunity to say things they wouldn't have the guts to say to someones face, and think it's an expression of their right to "free speech".
Very well said Paddy. Guts is in very short supply these days. And this Nanny State that we live in, is increasing it by the day.

TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor » Mon May 11, 2015 6:03 pm

It's a great shame, but it does seem dead now. I used to post under The Magic Robot name but had to change because I could no longer log in for some reason. It's hard to strike a balance between a wide open forum which allows trolls to flourish and slaughtering genuine contributers who may go against the grain.

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Mon May 11, 2015 6:08 pm

Some of us are still here.
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

Ceallach

Post by Ceallach » Wed May 27, 2015 5:02 pm

It does seem a shame - although I hadn't visited in years myself as I had a fairly specific family interest. Bit of a Cornish Marie Celeste; quite eerie!

TeamKernow

Post by TeamKernow » Fri May 29, 2015 12:19 pm

This site still gets seen, read and enjoyed, Ceallach.
Here's a thread that has had an additional 300ish views since March of this year:

:idea: The Duchy Of Cornwall – Cornish Music Talent – Past Present Future. Enjoy... :idea:
All the other threads are similarly visible and form a valuable and interesting archive and resource
and the stats of views indicate ongoing interest.