Soby family

Looking for your Cornish roots, long lost friends/family or just other people with the same family name then try here.
Morwenna

Post by Morwenna » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:25 pm

I've been trying to find out about my grandfather, William Herbert Soby. Guessing he may have been born around 1886. My mother, Margaret Anne Soby was born in 1920 and passed away in 1972 I know he was a farmer. I have a photo of my mother in Pepperdon Hall grounds on her horse, taken in 1938. William had a son who was alot older than my mother, we think he may be John. William had some connection to Dartington Hall. I've emailed C Brown who had a lot to do with the Sobey family history but she is no longer under that address. I'd love to find out about him, his brothers or sisters, and my uncle and whether he had children. Also the name of my grandmother. This may be on the back os old photos that I've not yet found.
Hope someone knows something. Many Thanks
Morwenna

JonFlower

Post by JonFlower » Tue May 26, 2009 12:35 pm

Morwenna, drop me an e-mail on jonflower@sky.com and I can offer you some reseach tips. I also have a couple of Sobey grave photos that I took when I was looking for some of my ancestors.