Looking for family in Cornwall, Rule, Bullock, Giddy, Webb

Looking for your Cornish roots, long lost friends/family or just other people with the same family name then try here.
jkenealy

Post by jkenealy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:19 am

I am looking for any living relatives in Cornwall. My great grandparents came to the United States in about 1910. Their names were Ada Winifred Bullock and William H. Rule. Both were born in Camborne, Ada in 1894 and William about 1892. Ada's parents were Richard J. Bullock and Louisa Giddy. William's parents were Jeremiah Rule and Emily Webb. If anyone shares this line or has any info please contact me @ jkenealy@comcast.net

Thank you,

Jen

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:32 am

Richard Bullock of St Columb Major became a Wild West legend under the name of 'Deadwood Dick'.

Ellery

Post by Ellery » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:34 pm

Davies Giddy changed his name to Davies Gilbert and was President of The Royal Society.

I'm actually related to Richard Bullock alias 'Deadwood Dick'

I've got a letter written to a John Rule shortly before he left Cornwall for Mexico. The Rules went on to become very important in Mexican history.

jkenealy

Post by jkenealy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:59 pm

My Richard Bullock was actually born in 1869 in Camborne. I wonder if I am related to the other Richard as well!

I'm not sure if I have any records of my Rule line going to Mexico, but if you can share more info that would be wonderful!

Thanks,

Jen

:smile: