BBC bias in evidence

Board for discussing anything sports related. Everything from rugby to surfing.
Mark

BBC bias in evidence

Post by Mark » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:44 pm

Here is the the webpage for the 'non-partisan' BBC's Rugby Union Six Nations. Note the Celtic nations down the side. Granted, England are top of the board but in terms of the Six Nations, where are Italy or France?
Six nations, downsized to four, with England at the top. Marthys!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/default.stm

The ever irksome sports reporter Chris Hollins is a prime example of the BBC's lack of awareness, frequently speaking of 'we' when talking of England, conveniently forgetting he's broadcasting to several other nations who couldn't give a whitnick's furt...
As long as a hundred of us remain alive, we shall never give in to the domination of the English. We fight not for glory, not for wealth nor honours but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life...

Marhak

Re: BBC bias in evidence

Post by Marhak » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:01 am

I well remember a time when there were 2 international football matches being played on the same night. One was a meaningless England friendly at Wembley; the other, in Cardiff, featured Wales in an important World Cup qualifier. No prizes for guessing which match was shown live over 90 minutes by the Beeb, and which was confined to ten-minute highlights at 11.30pm, also by the BBC. BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation? Yeah, right.

Cormorant

Post by Cormorant » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:20 pm

The B.B.C. have a lot to answer for!

http://tinyurl.com/c8evv6

England at the top of the list, AGAIN!

Total bias!

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:55 pm

Already metioned they are at the top of the board Cormoron! Do you actually read other people's posts?
Spectacularly missing the point though, as ever, fool...
As long as a hundred of us remain alive, we shall never give in to the domination of the English. We fight not for glory, not for wealth nor honours but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life...

Cormorant

Post by Cormorant » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:20 pm

It should really be 7 Nations.

The the Italians wouldn't always end last all the time.

Trevorpen

Post by Trevorpen » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:40 pm

I would be worried if The BBC didn't give us the main coverage. We are at the top of the 6 nations and hoping to win the Grand Slam later today. I'm off to watch it in the local, with eveyrone supporting England as usual. Why? Because Cornwall is an English county, which for some perverted reason some of you don't seem to know! Enjoy the rugby .... COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:07 pm

Cornwall is administered (only) as THOUGH IT WERE an English county. The law, including case law, is quite clear about this. That's a very different thing to what you claim.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:10 pm

The main reason for this adminstration is that Dukes of Cornwall over the last two centuries have seen fit to shirk on their duties as Head of State. "Bertie" (later Edward VII), who was as big a waste of space as the current Duke, even thought it far more important to holiday down the Nile with 6 barges full of booze, than care for his Cornish subjects undergoing starvation. We don't have a current parliament of our own ONLY because the unelected Duke chooses not to convene it.

zennorman2

Post by zennorman2 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Trevorpen wrote:I would be worried if The BBC didn't give us the main coverage. We are at the top of the 6 nations and hoping to win the Grand Slam later today. I'm off to watch it in the local, with eveyrone supporting England as usual. Why? Because Cornwall is an English county, which for some perverted reason some of you don't seem to know! Enjoy the rugby .... COME ON ENGLAND!!!
Idiotic comment.The BRITISH Broadcasting Corporatiion (at the very least) should equally support and report sport in all the competing nations of the UK.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:19 pm

Nice to see Ireland stick it to the Saxons 24-8. No Grand Slam for them.

Cormorant

Post by Cormorant » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Marhak wrote:Nice to see Ireland stick it to the Saxons 24-8. No Grand Slam for them.
Ireland played very well.

Not sure who these Saxons are, mind you? :lol:

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:11 am

Craig - I disagree with you: the appalling Bertie was, on the geometrical evidence available, a MUCH larger waste of space then the current holder of the office.
Anselm

'Against a promontory my ship' Rump L. Stiltz-Kinn

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Perhaps a bit more worthless - but not much more.

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:24 pm

In sheer physical terms, he makes his current successor look emaciated: therefore I hold him to be, quite literally, a larger waste of space.
Anselm

'Against a promontory my ship' Rump L. Stiltz-Kinn

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates