Cornish home

Ask your questions about Cornwall here. Whether it be Where, When, Who, What and Why someone\'s sure to know the answer.
Celticwarrior

Post by Celticwarrior » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:34 pm

IrishJack said:
Jacks Guide to People Who wish to reside in Cornwall, England and get a head.

If you can afford it Roseland is the place to be, dynamic and youthful are words.

There are plenty of unskilled cornish working class types to do gardening, washing, house work, etc. In fact the locals are are a bit like the thais, but not as friendly or courteous. Remember only allow them to do menial tasks, you will need a person from 'up country', preferably london, to do anything complicated.

As you will note when reading on C24 most cornish people don't know which side their bread is buttered on, and complain about the generous part time wages provided by the gracious and humble english retirees and down-gearers.

Remember to erect a flag pole in your garden and fly the flag of St George, this will mark you as wise and discerning, and probably land you a job in county hall or atleast an invitation to join the 'cornish' libdems.

Most importantly you must insists that you live in england and that the local dolers should be grateful to the generousity afforded by London ingenuity.

Say things, like Stephensons was the greatest inventor of the industrial revolution with his discovery and mastery of steam, culminating in the invention of the mechanical transportation. The libdems and your fellow county council employees will insist that you are promoted.

Join the national trust and take surfing lessons at the english national surfing school. Surfing after all is a quintissential part of local culture and the National trust work tireless to protect english heritage in cornwall.

Say, cornish language, its only pigeon welsh after all. More brownie points in county hall.

Buy and expensive high powered car and drive at 30 mph, after all those high hedges are very intimidating. Those cornish lunatics rush everywhere, they should take it easy, after all what does it matter if you lose an hours wage.

Instigate a policy to build more houses for people to retire to or occupy for 2 weeks a year, after all this is the life blood and future of the cornish economy.

Insist that mining should not be permitted in an environment of such natural aesthetic value.

Now you know how to become leader of the 'cornish' lib dems or chief exec cornwall one.

fantastic post
thank you

Kéighlán

Post by Kéighlán » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:07 pm

You could always try the Upper Westcountry, Cotswolds is beutiful where i live, or Elmbridge, has the highest life expectancy rate in Britian and is also beutiful. I know you wanted Cornwall, but you did say to think outside the box, and these places are quite tranquil and near large cities so jobs are not to hard to come by.

TheMagicRobot

Post by TheMagicRobot » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:37 pm

Chocolate,please check your personal messages.

ThingsThatGoFlirInTheShla

Post by ThingsThatGoFlirInTheShla » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:18 pm

Coady said:
Gosh, things....Cornwall's winters HARSH?
Here in Hayle we don't often get frost, much less snow!!
I have worked in the midlands and further North where they DO have winter....mand it makes Cornwall's winter weather look like along autumn....

Surely our winters are mild?

I live at the top if Bodmin moor... I think that says it all!

Furniturerestorer

Post by Furniturerestorer » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:02 pm

chocolate said:
Hi
I am looking to make Cornwall my home and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations about area. I am looking for somewhere relatively peaceful and quiet where I can be part of a small community. Ideally near or able to see the sea. I had been considering around Helston or St Ives but any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Hi Chocolate, Why not give Lostwithiel a try.It is very friendly

Nige999

Post by Nige999 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:01 am

IrishJack said:
Jacks Guide to People Who wish to reside in Cornwall, England and get a head.
If you can afford it Roseland is the place to be, dynamic and youthful are words.
There are plenty of unskilled cornish working class types to do gardening, washing, house work, etc. In fact the locals are are a bit like the thais, but not as friendly or courteous. Remember only allow them to do menial tasks, you will need a person from ‘up country’, preferably london, to do anything complicated.
As you will note when reading on C24 most cornish people don’t know which side their bread is buttered on, and complain about the generous part time wages provided by the gracious and humble english retirees and down-gearers.
Remember to erect a flag pole in your garden and fly the flag of St George, this will mark you as wise and discerning, and probably land you a job in county hall or atleast an invitation to join the ‘cornish’ libdems.
Most importantly you must insists that you live in england and that the local dolers should be grateful to the generousity afforded by London ingenuity.
Say things, like Stephensons was the greatest inventor of the industrial revolution with his discovery and mastery of steam, culminating in the invention of the mechanical transportation. The libdems and your fellow county council employees will insist that you are promoted.
Join the national trust and take surfing lessons at the english national surfing school. Surfing after all is a quintissential part of local culture and the National trust work tireless to protect english heritage in cornwall.
Say, cornish language, its only pigeon welsh after all. More brownie points in county hall.
Buy and expensive high powered car and drive at 30 mph, after all those high hedges are very intimidating. Those cornish lunatics rush everywhere, they should take it easy, after all what does it matter if you lose an hours wage.
Instigate a policy to build more houses for people to retire to or occupy for 2 weeks a year, after all this is the life blood and future of the cornish economy.
Insist that mining should not be permitted in an environment of such natural aesthetic value.
Now you know how to become leader of the ‘cornish’ lib dems or chief exec cornwall one.

And of course keep reminding the cornish that they are inbred, consequently of low IQ and subject to delusional paranoia, which tends to make them believe that they are "special" or "distinct" or even when the paranoia is really bad to think that they are "celtic". 

annabarrington

Post by annabarrington » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:28 pm

I’d recommend some of the newly built homes by Percy Williams & Sons. Check out, http://www.new-homes-cornwall.com.Anna

IrishJack

Post by IrishJack » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi Anna, you won't be the Anna Barrington Truro School class of 1989 would you?

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:27 pm

If it's a squat you're looking for, there's a second home two doors up from me.

Cormorant

Re: Cornish home

Post by Cormorant » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:31 pm

Not everyone in Cornwall is as rude as some here.