Craftsman in Cornwall

Ask your questions about Cornwall here. Whether it be Where, When, Who, What and Why someone\'s sure to know the answer.
Clearwater

Craftsman in Cornwall

Post by Clearwater » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:12 pm

Hello people!
First of all - I couldn´t find an introduction topic so I´ll give you a brief information about my person in this thread.
My name is Anna and I am an old girl from the netherlands - I made this year my final and now I want to make a gap year in England :)
The destination will be Falmouth and I already found a nice flat but when I visited it last weekend I recognized that theres a lot of work to do. I´ll need a new door (because it wont fit in winter and the heat lefts the room -> more heating costs) and the water pipe in the bathroom needs also a check.

My question - where should I search for a handyman?Yellow pages and the internet? Miscellaneous blackboards?
I dont have that much money ,therefore I cant take any random handyman. A exact cost estiamtion is also very important for me.

Thanks for your help people :) :) :)

Marhak

Re: Craftsman in Cornwall

Post by Marhak » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:22 am

Falmouth isn't in England, Anna. London will tell you it is, but we'll tell you the truth. Once there, though, ask local people and they''ll put you on to the right man. Word of mouth means a lot in this part of the world.

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:42 am

This stinks of troll, along with rodwillis. Probably the same.
Cormorant's new personae presumably...
As long as a hundred of us remain alive, we shall never give in to the domination of the English. We fight not for glory, not for wealth nor honours but only and alone for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life...

Clearwater

Post by Clearwater » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:05 am

Marhak wrote:Falmouth isn't in England, Anna. London will tell you it is, but we'll tell you the truth. Once there, though, ask local people and they''ll put you on to the right man. Word of mouth means a lot in this part of the world.
? Ooookay :D

The point is, there are "only" 12 days left and I would like to have all things planned before I move in. So I thought I could compare offers in the internet and make some calls.I made already an ad for a door fitter and a plumber on this page. But I dont know wheter its the best choice for me!

Has none made any experiences?
This stinks of troll, along with rodwillis. Probably the same.
Cormorant's new personae presumably...
?

Thanks people!
Last edited by Clearwater on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:35 am

If you are genuine, then my previous advice can't be bettered. Local people know the best craftsmen. Ask them if you want reliable advice.