Cornish Tartans Shop Redruth & Morton-Nance

Ask your questions about Cornwall here. Whether it be Where, When, Who, What and Why someone\'s sure to know the answer.
ANCIENTBRIT

Cornish Tartans Shop Redruth & Morton-Nance

Post by ANCIENTBRIT » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:00 am

Can someone tell me what is going on with the Cornish Tartan shop in Fore St Redruth? I ordered an expensive kilt in October, paid upfront, and have been fed a load of lies by someone in the shop and by Mr Morton-Nance.
I want my money back and am about to start proceedings via Small Claims Court plus making a visit to the Police & Trading Standards as I believe there is a case for fraud.
No phones are answered, either the 0845 number or the shop, no emails are replied to from either email address on the website.
If anyone knows anything about this trader please post asap.

carrek

Re: Cornish Tartans Shop Redruth & Morton-Nance

Post by carrek » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:28 am

I think this story is a lie by a shameful individual trying to give the business a bad reputation.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:47 am

I doubt that Edwin Morton Nance has anything to do with it. As far as I'm aware, he was the original proposer of Cornish tartan back in ?1963?

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:53 am

Something like that. His lines on the significance of the colours are probably one of the best-known poems in Cornish.
Anselm

'Against a promontory my ship' Rump L. Stiltz-Kinn

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

ANCIENTBRIT

Post by ANCIENTBRIT » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:37 pm

Am I dealing with real people or are those posting in reply to me from the Planet Zod? I posted because I am owed over £200 by the person/persons who own this business and who are proving totally elusive. If Carrek thinks this is a lie he should stop thinking with his backside and try ringing the shop - he would see I am right. Seems as though Carrek is suffering from some sort of persecution complex which sees an English plot in every criticism of something Cornish. I was involved with the Nationalist movement for many years - that's why I wanted a Cornish kilt - you brainless idiot. Believe it or not some of the rogues in Kernow are home-grown!
I was merely trying to ascertain if anyone else has had a problem with orders from the Redruth shop. Obviously I found myself on the 'twerps discussion group' - and here I was expecting some glimmer of intelligence.
All this solemn guff about Edwin Morton-Nance is nothing whatsoever to do with my query. The business is run by Peter and Tony Morton-Nance and if they are not forthcoming with my money the idiots who posted these stupid replies will eat their words when I have been to Cornwall Trading Standards and discussed matters with the Police.
I really thought I was posting on a discussion board used by Cornish people with more than one brain cell. Seems I was mistaken. I am left feeling disgusted by your attitude and ashamed of my Cornish ancestry.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Your initial post might have been more specific. You'll have noticed that this forum is overburdened with trolls who'll come out with any old garbage and, for all we knew, your post could have been one of theirs, hence the reactiosn so far. If your complaint is indeed genuine, then I'm very sorry to hear it, and hope that the proprietors do the right thing, honour your order, and restore Kernow's good name.

carrek

Post by carrek » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:05 pm

ANCIENTBRIT wrote:Am I dealing with real people or are those posting in reply to me from the Planet Zod? I posted because I am owed over £200 by the person/persons who own this business and who are proving totally elusive. If Carrek thinks this is a lie he should stop thinking with his backside and try ringing the shop - he would see I am right. Seems as though Carrek is suffering from some sort of persecution complex which sees an English plot in every criticism of something Cornish. I was involved with the Nationalist movement for many years - that's why I wanted a Cornish kilt - you brainless idiot. Believe it or not some of the rogues in Kernow are home-grown!
I was merely trying to ascertain if anyone else has had a problem with orders from the Redruth shop. Obviously I found myself on the 'twerps discussion group' - and here I was expecting some glimmer of intelligence.
All this solemn guff about Edwin Morton-Nance is nothing whatsoever to do with my query. The business is run by Peter and Tony Morton-Nance and if they are not forthcoming with my money the idiots who posted these stupid replies will eat their words when I have been to Cornwall Trading Standards and discussed matters with the Police.
I really thought I was posting on a discussion board used by Cornish people with more than one brain cell. Seems I was mistaken. I am left feeling disgusted by your attitude and ashamed of my Cornish ancestry.
Me thinks one doth protest too much... all that just because of one anonymous post? I still smell a rat.

If this story is true then what's the point of posting it on here? Go to the shop and sort out your problem with them. I don't know what you expect us to do about it.

And if this minor fracas makes you ashamed of your Cornish ancestry, clearly it doesn't take very much, which I think says more about you than it does about anyone here. That is, if you really are who you say you are.

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:29 pm

I tend on the whole to agree with a certain amount of what Marhak has said.
Anselm

'Against a promontory my ship' Rump L. Stiltz-Kinn

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

ANCIENTBRIT

Post by ANCIENTBRIT » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:07 pm

Carrek: How easy it is to call someone a liar when not face to face -thus if you smell a rat I suggest it's because you are standing very very close to one..
As for contacting the shop -dear god- do I have to spell everything out? Obviously I do... I can't contact the shop because....there is no one there! There is no reply to the tel-le-phone- you know, that thing with a speak-er on it that makes fun-ny ring-ing noises when some-one is try-ing to con-tact you. No-one rep-lies to e-mails. Is that simple enuff for you?

What do I expect you to do about it? Well nothing - especially when you behave as though terminally stupid, like to call honest people liars and wonder why I posted my query. If you bothered to read (you know, where your eyes move s-l-o-w-l-y along the page one word -at-a-time while your lips move making the sound of each l-e-t-t-e-r ) my first posting, you would hopefully begin to dimly comprehend that I wanted to know if there were any others in the same boat as myself , i.e.owed goods for cash payments made and if there was any way of getting hold of the elusive proprietors.

It has however become clear that this posting was a waste of time as my problem cannot be solved by someone who displays all the intellectual capacity of a dead maggot. The heading for this board includes the words 'Where' and 'Why'. In my innocence I actually thought someone might be helpful. Instead I have been called a liar. I have found over a long life that those who call others liars do so because they are habitual strangers to the truth themselves. Not everyone is like you mister - thank heavens.

Cormorant

Post by Cormorant » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:26 pm

Dear AncientBrit,

http://tinyurl.com/69m8k9m

Small claims information.

You will get no sense out of this bunch.

carrek

Post by carrek » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:47 pm

ANCIENTBRIT wrote:Carrek: How easy it is to call someone a liar when not face to face -thus if you smell a rat I suggest it's because you are standing very very close to one..
As for contacting the shop -dear god- do I have to spell everything out? Obviously I do... I can't contact the shop because....there is no one there! There is no reply to the tel-le-phone- you know, that thing with a speak-er on it that makes fun-ny ring-ing noises when some-one is try-ing to con-tact you. No-one rep-lies to e-mails. Is that simple enuff for you?

What do I expect you to do about it? Well nothing - especially when you behave as though terminally stupid, like to call honest people liars and wonder why I posted my query. If you bothered to read (you know, where your eyes move s-l-o-w-l-y along the page one word -at-a-time while your lips move making the sound of each l-e-t-t-e-r ) my first posting, you would hopefully begin to dimly comprehend that I wanted to know if there were any others in the same boat as myself , i.e.owed goods for cash payments made and if there was any way of getting hold of the elusive proprietors.

It has however become clear that this posting was a waste of time as my problem cannot be solved by someone who displays all the intellectual capacity of a dead maggot. The heading for this board includes the words 'Where' and 'Why'. In my innocence I actually thought someone might be helpful. Instead I have been called a liar. I have found over a long life that those who call others liars do so because they are habitual strangers to the truth themselves. Not everyone is like you mister - thank heavens.
How about going to the shop? That's when you put one foot in front of the other and propel yourself in a forwards motion. Use your eyes to see which direction you are travelling in (avoiding any obstacles), and direct your body towards the establishment in question. Activate your voice box and maneuver your mouth and tongue into the positions required for comprehensible speech (make sure the shop owner is within earshot, otherwise this action might be ineffective).

See, I can be a sarcastic, obnoxious twat too!

As for your back-of-a-fag-packet psychological analysis, well, I'd leave it to the experts if I were you.

Cormorant

Post by Cormorant » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:53 pm

Forgive me, AncientBrit, I see you are already contemplating the Small Claims route.

I think this lot are upset because the kilt-people's relative was a "Bard".

Actually they could be Bards? Go to their next do and see if there two shifty looking blokes in blue dresses?

Mind you, that might be a challenge. :lol:

Cormorant

Post by Cormorant » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:56 pm

See, I can be a sarcastic, obnoxious twat too!

Always. :lol:

And as foul-mouthed as ever. :lol:

Kevrenor

Post by Kevrenor » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:46 pm

I know the trader and the store (last visit 16 months ago) but have never bought anything from them. I use Cornovii (or The Cornish Store) etc.

From what you say it would be reasonable to pursue them, though if you live within range a visit to the store to confirm what is going on would be an expected step along the way.

The reaction you get with a question out of the blue and no prior introduction is due to those who infest any Cornish discussion with the aim to break down any solidarity among those "involved with the Nationalist movement for many years". Alas so often they are allowed to succeed. As such a nationalist person you should realise and understand that.