"a crude colonial power in decline"

Discussion about what\'s going on outside of Cornwall
Marhak

Re: "a crude colonial power in decline"

Post by Marhak » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:54 pm

We could just as easily include several others, such as Petronella Wyatt and Honor Blackman, but one ws enough to make the point and answer 24/7's hasty and ill-advised conclusion. And before you ask - no. You can look them up for yourself. The rest of us have far more important things to do, and people to deal with.

24-7

Post by 24-7 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:06 pm

"Can't beat a bit of English baiting though. All in fun"

really! is it all in fun? simultaneously accepting two mutually contradictory beliefs as correct and the deliberate impoverishement of language promoted by the state.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:11 pm

Some of it is in fun, other bits are in deadly earnest. Giving as good as we get. Trouble is that the givers east of the Tamar don't take it too well. Just not used to being answered back. You can take the Empire away from them, but you just can't take them away from the Empire.

24-7

Post by 24-7 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:08 pm

"mike c, Oh yes very much so and intensely. That's why I employ two of them, accommodate another of 'em in one of my places and why some of my best friends are from up in England.......you plum."

Sadly some just stay brainwashed with regards to how they see themselves, I get the impression you really have a problem with the English after reading a number of your posts. Or Is this open ground for all of us to have a rebuff with jokes too?
Last edited by 24-7 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kbcl1

Post by kbcl1 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:19 pm

24-7 wrote:"mike c, Oh yes very much so and intensely. That's why I employ two of them, accommodate another of 'em in one of my places and why some of my best friends are from up in England.......you plum."

Sadly some just stay brainwashed with regards to how they see themselves, I get the impression you really have a problem with the English after reading a number of your posts. Or Is this open ground for all of us to have a rebuff with jokes too?
Please carry on. I have been looking for a bit more evidence to send away recently. English plum :roll:

Great Wolfe Tones track and film here for you to watch and learn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeK2PWqy ... re=related

Mike C
Last edited by kbcl1 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

24-7

Post by 24-7 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:25 pm

"evidence to send away"

Send away?

24-7

Post by 24-7 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Mike, why post a tribute to those unarmed citizens who died on 30 January 1972? What has this have to do with me?

kbcl1

Post by kbcl1 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:46 pm

24-7 wrote:Mike, why post a tribute to those unarmed citizens who died on 30 January 1972? What has this have to do with me?
Because your last comment, silly as it is, followed my posting of some lyrics so I thought you might benefit from some more. Nice thing the English Imperial System, isn't it ? Don't expect everyone to love it the way you seem to.

Mike C

24-7

Post by 24-7 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:07 pm

Mike I know you can't change the past. But being bitter has gotten the better of you. I am not interested in getting into a low key argument with you about the "English Imperial System" whatever that is. Good luck!

24-7

Post by 24-7 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:23 pm

This is a bit more on topic,

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/20 ... s-football

and the trouble with a GB football team is?

kbcl1

Post by kbcl1 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:51 pm

24-7 wrote:This is a bit more on topic,

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/20 ... s-football

and the trouble with a GB football team is?
No Nation in their right mind would wish to play in the same team as the overpaid, oversexed, prima donnas who allegedly play 'football' for the created Nation of 'England'. Footballers who have consistently failed for well over 40 years.

The aim is to destroy the United Kingdom, not to prop it up. Scottish Teams playing under the Union Flag or Blood Banner !
Just as Scotland is about to go for freedom ?

The Scots, Welsh, Cornish et al should be allowed to enter their own teams. Great Britain is a geographical entity only.

Mike C

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:35 pm

We can't change the past - but we can learn its lessons to change the future. And, for Cornwall, England is not part of that future. It can forge its own, on its own.

24-7

Post by 24-7 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:35 pm

"Just as Scotland is about to go for freedom ?"

Just what r u basing this on?

As I posted before on this very subject many doubt it will happen, even the SNP are now banging on about only fiscal control which is NOT independence is it? As true independence is like when Argentina gained independence from Spain in 1816!

Many think it would be dangerous for Scotland to base its independence on things like global oil prices as this seems to be part of their plan and unless public spending is cut heavily the Scottish economy may well soon implode right on the SNP, and if/when this happens it will not be a good day for Alex. Many complain Scotland gets more spent per head but with high a oil price as we have now it contributes an awful lot in revenues, so balancing it's books in the UK. It is not a bad deal all round.

Mike "evidence to send away" I am at a loss as to what you mean, could you explain, is this something to do with the TV show you're making?

If yes I only hope it will contain much of the moaning you do while offering little in thought or conclusion in what you see as a way ahead, moaning is what you are good at and just for record Cornwall is under ENGLISH law and rule right now and the way we all have voted here in Cornwall in the past it ain't going to be changing soon,

Moderators Note:-

Off topic part of post removed.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Wales is under English law, too. But it ain't England.

Kevrenor

Post by Kevrenor » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:37 pm

The 'many' who you say who think that way 24/7 may not be those that count.

It is the many in Scotland who do.