We aren't English and don't want to be !

Discussion about what\'s going on outside of Cornwall
Marhak

Re: We aren't English and don't want to be !

Post by Marhak » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:44 pm

The BBC are still at it at Wombledon. As far as the very English commentators are concerned, Andy Murray is a "Brit", "British", "the Briton" - I haven't once heard them describe him as the Scot that he is. Wimp Henman was always "English", "the Englishman" - until he invariably lost. THEN he was suddenly a "Brit", "Briton", "British player". Hollow as f**k, so they are.

24-7

Post by 24-7 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:40 pm

Tennis is just so stuffy, prissy and totally dull. Andy Murray use to tell the world he wasn't British but Scottish, however he calls himself a Brit player now as he changed his mind and shut up about this when the pound signs were flashed in front of his eyes by his sponsors, so he then became British for profit and not the Scottish English hater that he once was. Money!

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:02 pm

Kitto wrote:I'm proud to be English!
There is nothing wrong with that.

There is nothing wrong with being proud of your nationality, your culture.

I am Cornish, I am proud of that, it is something to be proud of.

The problem here is that, unfortunately, there seems to be some blurring of the edges between the English people, who are no different on many levels from any-other people, and the English establishment. It is the English establishment that have treated other peoples badly, it is the English establishment that teaches it's people an incorrect history of these isles, and many other places too. It is the English establishment that is, or should be, the target of our wrath, our distrust, not the ordinary English people. Many of whom, when confronted with the truth in a non confrontational way, have "seen the light", and supported our cause.

Yes, there are those, some of whom post here, who religiously defend the establishment version of the "truth", some of them are English, and some of them are, sadly, Cornish, or at least they claim to be, who call themselves English. But, to use the word "English" as an insult, to portray all English people in the same light as their establishment, is wrong. It is guaranteed to upset them, to prevent them from even trying to see our side of the argument. It makes them stand against us, as it would any nationality or ethnic/cultural/community group if treated in the same way.

We do not need to make enemies, we need to make friends. We will never get anywhere if everyone else views us as the racists, views us as the intolerant ones. There are better ways to fight the cause than alienating the rest of the world. Lets try to remember, it is not the English people who are our enemy, it is their establishment, many of whom are not even British, let alone English.
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

Cormorant

Post by Cormorant » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:31 pm

P_Trembath wrote:

The problem here is that, unfortunately, there seems to be some blurring of the edges between the English people, who are no different on many levels from any-other people, and the English establishment. It is the English establishment that have treated other peoples badly, it is the English establishment that teaches it's people an incorrect history of these isles, and many other places too. It is the English establishment that is, or should be, the target of our wrath, our distrust, not the ordinary English people. Many of whom, when confronted with the truth in a non confrontational way, have "seen the light", and supported our cause.

Yes, there are those, some of whom post here, who religiously defend the establishment version of the "truth", some of them are English, and some of them are, sadly, Cornish, or at least they claim to be, who call themselves English. But, to use the word "English" as an insult, to portray all English people in the same light as their establishment, is wrong. It is guaranteed to upset them, to prevent them from even trying to see our side of the argument. It makes them stand against us, as it would any nationality or ethnic/cultural/community group if treated in the same way.

We do not need to make enemies, we need to make friends. We will never get anywhere if everyone else views us as the racists, views us as the intolerant ones. There are better ways to fight the cause than alienating the rest of the world. Lets try to remember, it is not the English people who are our enemy, it is their establishment, many of whom are not even British, let alone English.
Well Done Paddy!

I have spent my whole working life fighting the Establishment, through Trades Union and political activities.

Then some ex-copper in a kilt and his muckers have the audacity to compare me with the scum that is the BNP, EDL or any other right-wing loonies? :lol:

I know they do it to "gather evidence of racism against the Cornish"...

But it cuts no ice with me.

All they do is divert attention from what really mattters in Britain today.

The fight against poverty, homelessness and hopelessness.

kbcl1

Post by kbcl1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Cormorant wrote:
P_Trembath wrote:

Well Done Paddy!

I have spent my whole working life fighting the Establishment, through Trades Union and political activities.

Then some ex-copper in a kilt and his muckers have the audacity to compare me with the scum that is the BNP, EDL or any other right-wing loonies? :lol:

I know they do it to "gather evidence of racism against the Cornish"...

But it cuts no ice with me.

All they do is divert attention from what really mattters in Britain today.

The fight against poverty, homelessness and hopelessness.
Half our membership is English or as I call them 'Cornish wannabees'.

It is the EIS who are the true enemies but we don't half enjoy taking the mickey out of the prats who post on this site who aren't even in Cornwall yet alone from it or with any connection to it. I mean the Chief Exec of the SNP who is extremely keen on outright independence for Scotland is in fact an Englishman.

I am not actually an ex - copper either Shitehawk do your research a bit more will you ?

That said, I am extremely keen to see the break up of the UK, for the EIS to fail completely and love seeing the massive defence cuts at the moment which really hurts the militaristic tendencies of many English people. I love seeing the English beaten at anything actually. It teaches them humility. I didn't create the phrase Little Englander after all.

I also employ English people and they rent a couple of my properties from me to live in.

Britain is a geographical entity only. We could do so much better in Cornwall running our own affairs. Shitehawk, why don't you worry about matters near to you or is it really that wonderful there ? I really don't welcome your presence here - nothing personal though 'old chum'.

Don't rush to reply, just off to watch "The Wind That Shakes the Barley" - try it, it's one of my favourites and you could learn a lot from it.

:lol:

Mike C

PS - I think the folks below are from your Country ? They aren't in mine. Perhaps you would be better placed helping them out a bit, eh ? :lol:
Attachments
edlweapons.jpg
edlweapons.jpg (56 KiB) Viewed 1190 times

24-7

Post by 24-7 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:00 pm

Dave we love ya!

Lets keep it together.

Cormorant

Post by Cormorant » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:05 pm

Haven't got a photo of your mate and the cat.

Must be one in your scrap-book? :lol:

kbcl1

Post by kbcl1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:28 pm

Cormorant wrote:Haven't got a photo of your mate and the cat.

Must be one in your scrap-book? :lol:
George and Shitehawk, yeah loads. Between that and the compensation cheque he screwed out of the EIS for wrongful arrest, we have a good old laugh over it. How did your English miners do after we went up and sorted them out Shitehawk - you know, financially and that ? Ended up comfortably off I hope. I did. :lol:
Attachments
edlweapons.jpg
edlweapons.jpg (56 KiB) Viewed 1167 times

24-7

Post by 24-7 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Dave we love ya!

kbcl1

Post by kbcl1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:03 am

Kitto says he''s proud to be English. That's great. Nothing at all wrong with having pride in his own identity if he is indeed English. So why do certain English people have such an almighty problem with the Cornish being Cornish? One look at that "I hate Cornwall" FB site made you reel with the sheer venom and nastiness of their comments. It baffles me.

24-7

Post by 24-7 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:13 am

The problem you have/face is not helped by others if some of the pro cornish people have only a limited agenda without any real any kinda of argument, theory, or policy which seems logical and consistent then it will cause 'sheer venom and nastiness' from others, when posters like kbvl1 enjoy this freedom without being corrected by people like yourself. kbvl1 comes across as your nemesis he is your racist your bmp your edl member.

Cormorant

Post by Cormorant » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:32 am

Shitehawk ?

Very mature for a grown man.

You haven't come on much since you were freezing in your little Spanish gaff...

Feeling sorry for yourself.

kbcl1

Post by kbcl1 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:55 am

Cormorant wrote:Shitehawk ?

Very mature for a grown man.

You haven't come on much since you were freezing in your little Spanish gaff...

Feeling sorry for yourself.
Shitehawk, I really don't know what you are waffling about. No, I don't feel sorry for myself ? Now, are you coming to meet us all tomorrow at the protest ? And if not would that be because you are hundreds of miles away in the Country next door and actually have nothing to do with Cornwall at all ? Which leads one to wonder why you actually post on this website ? You must enjoy it one supposes. How are the English Miners by the way ? You know, the ones whose cause you champion. They could really run fast when faced with charging horses. We used to laugh a lot about that as we filled in our overtime claims. :lol:

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:20 am

Not so, 24-7. Most of the posters on that list wouldn't have the slightest clue who kbcl1 is. Frankly, they haven't the slightest clue, any of 'em. They probably think that the Celtic League is something to do with Scottish football (only most of that ignorant shower would probably spell it "leeg").