We aren't English and don't want to be !

Discussion about what\'s going on outside of Cornwall
kbcl1

Re: We aren't English and don't want to be !

Post by kbcl1 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:23 am

I assure you George that none of us who have access to kbcl1 are Marhak nor are we 'bmp' whatever that is ? Now, along with shitehawk, what we do wonder is why you post here ? Is it because you and he (who are of course one and the same along with a few others) enjoy being told to quite simply go away ?

Carbilly

Post by Carbilly » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:57 am

The problem you have/face is not helped by others if some of the pro cornish people have only a limited agenda without any real any kinda of argument, theory, or policy which seems logical and consistent then it will cause 'sheer venom and nastiness' from others, when posters like kbvl1 enjoy this freedom without being corrected by people like yourself. kbvl1 comes across as your nemesis he is your racist your bmp your edl member.

While I hear what you are saying, and agree up to a point, you might be better off directing your ire at the anti-Cornish trolls that are, sadly, an ever present feature of pro-Cornish sites such as this.
I personally don't like the politics of the playground and feel the best way to deal with such obvious WUM's is to ignore them wherever possible. They seek only to disrupt and destroy, and contribute nothing to any discussion. So-called points are raised, allegations made, and, when the answers don't fit with their pre-conceived ideas, these answers are ignored. And so it goes on and on, ad infinitum. Eventually, people get bored of the continuing circular arguments and name calling and drift away - thereby achieving exactly what these anti-Cornish trolls want.

Not everyone feels able to deal with these people in the same way, however, and sadly it's not too far a step from the politics of the playground to the politics of the gutter. I feel this is counter productive to Cornish aspirations. People are far better informed these days, and have access to a far wider source of information than previously. I don't believe that we need to stoop so low, though I can understand why,given the provocation , people feel the need to. We have to remember that the opinions espoused by the pro-Cornish posters on this site can be backed up by facts, and let these stand or fall on their own merit. The majority of people are smart enough to determine who the charlatans are.

Finally, to put things in some sort of perspective, this is a minor forum on the Internet. To compare the 'anti-English' postings on here with some of the outright lies and racist crap spouted about the Cornish by - amongst others - Giles Coren, given an international platform in the so called 'establishment paper' ''The Times'', and to then imply that the Cornish are somehow bringing ''sheer nastiness and venom'' on themselves, beggars belief!

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:36 am

I'm still thinking of those English Defence League pics. All those hate-filled faces of Anglo-Saxon white wannabee supremacists: one wearing a burqa, others parading Ulster Volunteer Force insignia - as though that had anything to do with England or Anglo-Saxons - and using the raised clenched fist gesture of the Black Power movement. Laughable, really, if it wasn't so sad. If people with such an astonishing lack of intelligence are 'supremacists', then it really is time to despair.

kbcl1

Post by kbcl1 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 pm

If you take a look on any of the many You Tube videos which concern Cornwall, you will note the comments made about the Cornish people by those who occupy the 'middle' Country of this island. These people are not employed by the EIS, they are ordinary people in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool and so on. If you go on to examine other videos posted in favour of Scotland, Wales, Ireland, you will note the same comments. I don't doubt if this type of technology was available when they lost their old empire, then similar comments would have been left by similar people dissing those asking for freedom for Australia, Canada, the USA, India, Zimbabwe, etc etc.

Remember the vitriol in the Guardian article when Peter Tatchell, who I am again seeing later in August when he comes back down, suggested that Cornwall should rule itself ? It was phenomenal and came from the mainly English readers of that London newspaper. Tatchell and others were taken aback and subsequent articles said as much.

Now, as I have said, many English people are fully in support of what is after all inevitable. The Chief Exec of the SNP is English. The Troops Out of the Occupied North of Ireland Campaign has many English members as do we in the League. Why, even SF and 32CSM have English members. That said, many English do have a propensity towards thinking themselves superior. They are called 'Little Englanders' a very old phrase, and abound in the BNP, EDL, UKIP, Tory Party and elsewhere, wrap themselves in their flag and read Kipling poems dreaming of what their imagined Country has lost.

The idiots who post on a website which was set up for those believing in freedom for this Country can expect nothing else but mockery. Why else do they post here ? Some of them post elsewhere as well. They are easy to pick out. I am not a racist as I have associates, friends and acquaintances from all over. My woman friend is a Cockney and a school teacher and one who believes in freedom for Cornwall having seen the effects of English rule and England on this Country. Those posters are fair game and it can be fun to wind them up. Why else do they come here ? They enjoy it. That said, according to them I am English and so I am being racist towards other English people, a race not defined in law. That's what makes their case even more laughable.

On Graham's blog on BBC Cornwall, we both laughed when a poster on there who is a poster on here, said he was going to take me to Court via the EHRC. (yeah, I may not have a TV licence but I still chat and sometimes mix with BBC people, after all, it's all a game really) A year on and having chatted with many people at the EHRC to make sure my details with them are kept current I am still waiting. I would relish being taken to Court. Imagine the chaos I could and would cause ?

Mike C

24-7

Post by 24-7 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:46 pm

"Carbilly wrote:
While I hear what you are saying, and agree up to a point, you might be better off directing your ire at the anti-Cornish trolls that are, sadly, an ever present feature of pro-Cornish sites such as this."

You will not find any anger in my posts, check for yourself view my postings. Interestingly most of what I have posted is not about England or Cornwall which leads one to question the assumption of where I am from. All I have done is troll back at Comrade (TROLL) kbcl1 in a nice manner.

I shouldn't really react but I feel his postings just block up any progress and make any serious Cornish pro point look foolish. I can't think of a single post I have made that would cause any ordinary person or kbcl1 too much upset. But continuously going on about English hating from one who supposes that all of us are Cornish hating English without proof just helps no one. I am English, Scottish etc?

I doubt I'll need to respond to anymore post by kbcl1 for now.

kbcl1

Post by kbcl1 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:53 pm

"I doubt I'll need to respond to anymore post by kbcl1 for now."

Phew, thank Gods for that even though I am not sure what "anymore post" means grammatically. One down, just a couple more to get rid of.