RussiaToday - Must Watch.

Discussion about what\'s going on outside of Cornwall
GrahamHart

RussiaToday - Must Watch.

Post by GrahamHart » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:18 am

http://www.youtube.com/user/RussiaToday RussiaToday. Anything but!

Marhak

Re: RussiaToday - Must Watch.

Post by Marhak » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:44 am

Although, as the lady says, the media can't ignore this any more, the disgusting thing is that they have been ignoring it! The BBC ignored the mass demo on Westminster Bridge as long as they could, too. Time for the media to make up their minds: whose side are they on? The state's or the people's?

Pokorny

Post by Pokorny » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:01 am

The corporations'.

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:40 am

Just a quick note of caution, Russia Today, is State run media.
Consider the source.
The truth, I would suggest, lies somewhere between the Russia Today report, and the Western Media's non-reports.
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:54 pm

I don't know who runs it Paddy, but they are saying things that I've never heard before on a global network.

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:40 pm

GrahamHart wrote:I don't know who runs it Paddy, but they are saying things that I've never heard before on a global network.
That's the thing Graham, they will say things you've never heard before, because they are coming at the subject with a completely different agenda. Which is why I said consider the source!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)

There are many news networks out there now, most of them either completely financed and controlled by their respective governments, or by large corporations with an interest in maintaining the status quo.

To actually get to the truth on this, or any reported subject, or at least as near to an approximation of the truth as you can, you have to watch them all, and then read between the lines. Most of them won't actually lie, although some will, but they will present the "truth" with their own slant. It is not just a case of what they say, but often how parts of it are emphasised, how parts of it are ignored.

Just some of those now available:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ch ... gital#News
And there are many more, good luck with the surfing.
Everyone, Cornish or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something.

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:52 pm

Looking at the list on Wiki, the rest are the corporate liars. RT is completely different with the exception of Al Jazeera.
RT is the 2nd most watched overseas channel in America; the number one slot being the lying BBC. I wonder for how long.
There is a huge change on the way as people all over the World are beginning to wake up.

Corporate or not, it is still revealing the truth where mainstream is not.

That'll do for me.

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:39 am

Is it just my nasty suspicious mind, or has the US story of an alleged terrorist plot to send the Saudi ambassador into orbit been deliberately conjured up to bury news of the mass protests by their own people? (Hey, fellas, let's give the masses another scare to get their tiny minds off the things that really bug them, and get 'em back on board with the good ole boys of the US administration!)

P_Trembath

Post by P_Trembath » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:39 am

You cynic!
:lol:

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:22 pm

Guilty, m'lud! :D

Anselm

Post by Anselm » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:20 am

The editorial voice of Russia Today seems, as far as I can see, to be that of the Russian government - as, indeed, does that of its Arabic counterpart Russia Al Yaum. It's very useful that there are rival voices competing for our attention.
Anselm

'Against a promontory my ship' Rump L. Stiltz-Kinn

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

GrahamHart

Post by GrahamHart » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:01 am

To be fair Anselm, I have not seen enough to call judgement, but I'm very impressed with what I've seenthus far.

Also, God bless the internet.

Have a look at this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vykkONbI ... ploademail