"Whedhlow Kernowek" dyllys gans Evertype

A new forum dedicated to Kernewek - the Cornish language, Cornish culture and the history of the Duchy of Cornwall
Eddie-C

Re: Re:

Post by Eddie-C » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:58 am

Anselm wrote:... Nicholas W ... Iwerdhon - mayth usi ev trigys nans yw lowr a dermyn.
Ha ny ow kewsel adro dhe Sawson a dryg mes a Gernow, fatel us taclow ow mos yn Kembry nans yu lyes bledhen lemmyn, Tim? A ny osta whath hep scryfa malbew dam noweth yn Kernewek agensow, del y'm bus own?

A, bechod! (del leverons yn Caernarfon)

fseoer2010

Re:

Post by fseoer2010 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:04 am

Actually,If you're asking me, you'll know that the term "in due course" will be your answer... ;-) Something of the sort you are looking for is in hand. Please bear in mind that Cornish publishers do this in our spare time. It's not as though we are salaried to do it.

Marhak

Re:

Post by Marhak » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:51 am

"It's not as though we're salaried to do it". How very true, and the same really goes for the authors as well, who usually expend far more in research and production expenses than ever comes back from sales (as I well know). This isn't appreciated quite enough by those who always so quick to criticise.

Karesk

Re:

Post by Karesk » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:15 am

Yes, trying to sell books in Cornish can't be easy. If I was doing it I think I would be making an effort to maintain the respect and goodwill of as many as possible of the people who are likely to be able to read them.

Evertype

Re:

Post by Evertype » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:26 am

You'd find it difficult, Karesk, when half the time your announcements of publications are greeted with the kinds of jeers that the nameless monkeys on this forum offer. :roll:

Undaunted, I for one am not going to cease producing good quality books using good Cornish in an orthography which is accurate and worthy of the language.

Cheers,
Michael

Karesk

Re:

Post by Karesk » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:06 pm

Treweythyow, yth yw agan gwella dyskadoryon an re na a gevyn ny an kalessa dh'aga klewes, simyon dhihanow (yw sim person po tra?) y'ga mysk.
Nevra ny wrug vy arvreusi dha lyvrow marnas ow leverel bos gwell genev redya KU Caradar ages dasskrifa Golvan. Mes pan wreta omsettya war an dus a welydh aga bos dha eskerens, ty a omsett yn kettermyn war veur a dus a vynn bywa ha gasa bewa.

Anselm

Re:

Post by Anselm » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Craig - if that's the kind of thing you've been seeing then you'd better keep of the curry. Some of those exotic spices can wreak havoc with the brain. For the time being, a cup of camomile tea, and somewhere dark and quiet to lie down for an hour, would be of some help to you.
Anselm

'Against a promontory my ship' Rump L. Stiltz-Kinn

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Anselm

Re:

Post by Anselm » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:31 pm

Eddie - you've acquired several admirers of your fortitude in a losing struggle with the Welsh language. However, you really must drop this doomed ambition of imitating the inimitable speech of 'Cnafron' until you've mastered at least the basics of Standard Modern Welsh. You come over like someone who's spent a month at the International Metropolitan School of English above a sweetshop in Clapham, and is now launching into impressions of Sir Les Pattison. You're in desperate need of some remedial Welsh classes for adults. Why not get in touch with the Welsh Department at Lampeter? If you work steadily and conscientiously for two or three years, you'll be able to get up to an acceptable communicative standard. And once you've done that, you'll be in a position to have another crack at Cornish, and get in touch at last with what's going on in our language these days.
Anselm

'With regret I feel that unless you have a serious change of heart your presence at the Mennaye on Cornish Pirates match days is no longer desired.'
Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Evertype

Re:

Post by Evertype » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:16 pm

What a piece of work is Tim.

Marhak

Re:

Post by Marhak » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:52 pm

I don't drink tea, Tim, and haven't had a curry in ages. What is it you think I'm seeing?

Anselm

Re:

Post by Anselm » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:00 am

It's more a matter of what you think you're seeing!
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Marhak

Re:

Post by Marhak » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:16 am

I could ask what you think you're seeing, Tim - having scrolled back and viewed my posts on the last 3 pages of this thread, I can't find any reference to my seeing anything in particular. What are you referring to?

Anselm

Re:

Post by Anselm » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:37 am

Na vydh yn ahwer - gwra pesya ow kowllenki an pelennigow!
Anselm

Rod Coward
CEO
Cornish Pirates

Evertype

Re:

Post by Evertype » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:14 am

:-)