Lyver Pejadow rag Kenyver Jorna - Cornish Daily Prayer

A new forum dedicated to Kernewek - the Cornish language, Cornish culture and the history of the Duchy of Cornwall
Evertype

Post by Evertype » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:50 am

"Lyver Pejadow rag Kenyver Jorna" dyllys in Kernowek

Gans Andy Phillips.

Yma lies huny i’n tor’-ma owth assaya desky Kernowek, hag ow whelas fordhow rag ûsya an tavas i’ga bêwnans pùb dëdh oll. Onen a’n fordhow-na yw an ûsadow coth a bejadow kenyver jorna. Yma dew dowl gans an lyver-ma—gul gweres dhe dus ow tesky Kernowek ha’ga dry nessa dhe Dhuw kefrÿs. Yma Pejadow Myttyn ha Pejadow Gordhuwher i’n lyver-ma ow sewya an ordyr tradycyonal, hag y feu formys a bejadow coth dhia an Eglos Keltek gorrys aberveth pan o hedna possybyl. Udn salm yn udnek re beu appoyntys rag pùb dëdh a’n seythen, may fe taclow sempel— rag gwell yw an pejadow mars yw sempel. Yma Collectys dhe ûsya dre vledhen an Eglos i’n lyver inwedh, ha rol a dhegolyow nebes sens Keltek.

Peran Sans 5 Merth
A Dhuw Ollgalosek, golow an re lel ha bugel an enevow, te a dhros dha servont Peran dhe gostys Kernow may halla va maga dha dheves der y eryow ha’ga gedya der y ensompel; gwra agan gweres ow sensy an fëdh a wruga desky dhyn ha dhe sewya olow y dreys; dre Jesu Crist agan Arlùth. Amen.

Yma an lyver screfys i'n spellyans gelwys Kernowek Standard. An lyver-ma re beu olsettys ha dyllys gans Evertype, Cathair na Mart, Wordhen.

Y hyll cafos copiow a'n lyver dhyworth Amazon.co.uk. dhyworth Amazon.com, bò dhyworth Cowethas Peran Sans. Gweler http://www.evertype.com/books/pejadow.html

edited by: Evertype, Apr 14, 2009 - 11:20 AM

Evertype

Post by Evertype » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:50 am

"Cornish Daily Prayer" published for Palm Sunday
By Andy Phillips

There are a great many people now seeking to learn Cornish, and all are looking for ways to use it in their daily lives. One is through the age-old practice of daily prayer. This book has been compiled with two aims—to help you to learn Cornish, and to bring you closer to God in the process. Morning and Evening Prayer in this book follow a traditional format, and ancient prayers from the Celtic Church have been included whenever possible. A fixed psalm for Morning and Evening Prayer is used each day to make things simple, because that’s how prayer should be. Collects have been included for use during the Church year, as well as a list of Celtic saints’ days.

St Piran 5 March
Almighty God, the light of the faithful and shepherd of souls, who brought your servant Piran to Cornwall’s shores to feed your sheep by his word and guide them by his example: help us to keep the faith which he taught and to follow in his footsteps; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

This book is written in the spelling called Kernowek Standard. The book was typeset and published by Evertype of Co. Mayo, Ireland.

Copies may be obtained from Amazon.co.uk, from Amazon.com, or from Cowethas Peran Sans. See http://www.evertype.com/books/pejadow.html

Evertype

Post by Evertype » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:51 am

(The Amazon links will be live within the next few days.)

Palores

Post by Palores » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:31 pm

gokyreloaded said:
Does God understondya KS,???

His omniscience includes even works of the Devil.

truru

Post by truru » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:40 pm

Looks like a good idea but unfortunately I don't have an invisible friend

Evertype

Post by Evertype » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Please attempt to have a little respect for the Rev. Phillips' book, as it is Eastertide. Thank you.

Evertype

Post by Evertype » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:57 pm

The Amazon.com link is now working, though Amazon's catalogues have not been fully updated to indicate the book's availability. The Amazon.co.uk generally lags a few days behing.

Eddie-C

Post by Eddie-C » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:07 pm

Palores said:
[quote=gokyreloaded]Does God understondya KS,???

His omniscience includes even works of the Devil.[/quote]The Revd. Phillips is doing the 'work of the Devil' by having his new edition of this prayer book coming out in KS, rather than the original UCR? Or perhaps that UCR edition was likewise 'the work of the Devil'.

I daresay Nicholas Williams' UCR 'Testament Noweth' is likewise the 'work of the Devil' in your perfervid little mind, eh?

How about the UC version of the 'New Testament' that's been compiled with the blessing of the Bishop of Truro: is HE another closet 'devil-worshipper' perhaps?

Your hatred of anything that isn't in KK has twisted you.

Evertype

Post by Evertype » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:45 pm

As you so trenchantly pointed out here, Eddie, everyone knows that KK=GOOD and non-KK=BAD.

Or is it the other way around...?

Waldorf

Post by Waldorf » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:31 pm

It looks to this humble muppet as if the disparaging remarks made by Palores and others were aimed at KS and its two main proponents alone. Not at everything but KK.

Egloshal

Post by Egloshal » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:35 pm

The only kind of pysi that I do is against a wall. Oh hang on... that is pysa isn't it?!

Marhak

Post by Marhak » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:44 pm

Only two days ago, I warned Goky to careful what he wished for. Well, he got his wish. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for Palores's comment above - are there any depths you people won't plumb?

Snipe

Post by Snipe » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:00 pm

Nice cover. :-)